Bread/Wholewheat Currant Scones
A: 1C flour
1C whole wheat flour
1T baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
B: 1/3C butter
C: 2 eggs, lightly beaten (set aside 2 Tbsp.)
1/2C currants (or raisins)
D: 2T sugar
0. Preheat oven to 425F.
1. Combine (A) in a mixing bowl.
2. With a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Reserve 2 Tbsp. beaten eggs. Stir remaining egg, milk and currants (C) into
flour mixture just until particles cling together.
4. Turn out only lightly floured board and knead 6-10 times.
5. On greased Superstone tile (or cookie sheet), pat into a circle about 3/4"
thick. Cut into 8 wedges; keep wedges slightly apart so that they have
room to rise.
6. Brush reserved egg over tops of the wedges and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar
7. Bake for (14)-18-20 minutes at 425F until browned. Time varies if you have
8. Serve piping hot with butter and jam.
$Id: wholewheat_currant_scones,v 1.3 2018/04/29 13:01:24 deaven Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)