A: 1# tofu, firm
B: 1C sugar
C: 5 shallots, sliced thin
4c garlic, minced
2T candied ginger, minced
D: 3T soy sauce
E: 1/2C green onion, sliced thin
1. Slice (A) into 1/4" slices, divided once more to make large bite sized
strips. Place between paper towels and press (one way to do this is place a
cutting board on top and use for next prep steps).
2. Put (B) in saucepan over medium heat. Cook without stirring until starting
to caramelize into a deep brown, about 20 minutes.
3. Add 1/2C water to the saucepan and remove from heat. Place into wok over low
heat, add (C) and cook for 1 minute, add (D) and cook over medium-low heat
for 10 minutes.
4. Add tofu to pan, cook 7 minutes, turn, and cook 5 minutes more.
5. Serve over rice, topped with (E).
$Id: caramel_tofu,v 1.1 2017/12/15 05:05:37 deaven Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)