Vegetarian/Black Bean Soup
Start to finish about 2 1/2 hours.
A: 1# black beans
B: 4C vegetable stock
C: 1 1/2C cooked rice
D: 1/4C olive oil
E: 2 onions, chopped
6c garlic, minced
1 1/2t oregano
F: 2t salt
G: 4 green onion, chopped with tops
2 limes, wedged
1/2C sour cream
2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
1. Pick rocks and other debris out of dry black beans. Add beans to water and
stir. Then remove any beans that float; they are likely to be questionable.
2. Simmer (A), covered, for 45 minutes.
3. Add (B) and simmer until beans are tender, usually about an hour.
4. Start (C) cooking in a rice cooker.
5. Remove 2 cups of bean mixture and run it through a blender or food processor
to puree it; then put it back into the pot.
6. Put (D) in skillet and saute (E) until the onions are soft.
7. Add cooked rice, sauted mixture, and (F) to the soup pot and simmer about 20
8. Serve with (G) in small bowls for garnish.
$Id: black_bean_soup,v 1.3 2018/05/27 14:21:51 deaven Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)