A: 1# hominy, soaked overnight (or canned)
B: 1# pork cut into 1cm cubes
1 onion, coaresly chopped
2T garlic, minced
Salt and pepper
C: 10-12 large dried chiles
D: 1 bay leaf
1. Drain (A), place in saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil and simmer
for 60 minutes.
2. Toss (B) in small baking pan, roast at 275F for up to one hour. Add to
2. Toast (C) lightly in iron skillet, cover with water and simmer 15min. Puree
and add to saucepan.
3. Add (D) to saucepan and simmer for 2-3 hours. Can be prepped 1-2 days in
4. Garnish with minced onion, cilantro, and lime wedges.
$Id: posole,v 1.1 2017/06/25 14:57:19 deaven Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)