A: 2 slices bread
B: 1/2 milk, warmed
C: 1T butter
1 onion, small dice
D: 3T butter
1 1/2T flour
E: 2T rum (or brandy)
F: 1C chicken broth
1t dijon mustard
G: 1# ground beef
1# ground pork
3c garlic, minced
H: 1T olive oil
I: parsley, cilantro
1. Process (A) into fine crumbs, place on baking sheet and dry (or use 1C panko
chrumbs). Combine with (B) and set aside.
2. Saute (C) in pan until onions are starting to caramelize. Remove 1/2 to a
mixing bowl. Add (D) and stir until flour starts to brown.
3. Add (E) and set on fire by swirling pan over fire. Once flamed add (F) and
stir over low heat to create a thick gravy sauce.
4. Add (G) to bowl with reserved onions, add reserved bread crumbs, mix well.
Place 2T balls onto baking sheet and drizzle with (H). Roast under broiler
for 5-10 minutes, turning as necessary.
5. Garnish with sauce and (I). Serve with cranberries, lingonberries, potatoes.
$Id: swedish_meatballs,v 1.1 2018/12/03 01:56:28 deaven Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)