A: 3-4# pork scraps, fat and organ meat
1 large onion with 4 cloves inserted
B: 2T salt
2T pepper (red and black)
1T sage or poultry seasoning
C: 3C buckwheat flour
1 1/2C cornmeal
1. Place (A) in large pot, bring to boil, cover and place in 220F oven
overnight. Remove from heat, strain broth into container and chill. Place
meat into airtight container and chill.
2. Remove meat from bones and chop coarsely. Skim excess fat from broth and
combine with chopped meat.
3. Add (B) and bring to slow boil. Use immersion blender to finely chop meat.
4. Add (C) and mix with hand mixer until thickened and smooth. Place into pans
and chill to set.
5. Slice into 1/4" slices, freeze between wax paper sheets. Fry in oiled pan to
$Id: scrapple,v 1.3 2013/02/04 12:15:46 deaven Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)