A: 4 strips bacon, chopped
B: 1# ground beef
2c garlic, minced
C: 1 onion, chopped
D: 2T paprika
2t black pepper, ground
2t rosemary, ground
1/2t celery seed
E: 2C beans (dry), soaked and cooked
2T tomato paste or ketchup
F: 1C corn, cooked
1. Fry (A) in a heavy pot until crisp.
2. Remove bacon meat from pot and reserve, add (B), and brown (about 3
minutes). Remove excess fat.
3. Add (C) and continue to cook over medium heat until onions are translucent.
4. Mix (D) (or use prepared spice mix) and add to pot, mixing well. Cook for
another 1-2 minutes.
5. Add (E), crumble reserved bacon into pot, mix well, simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add (F), heat through, and serve.
$Id: cowboy_beans,v 1.2 2018/05/27 14:21:49 deaven Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)