Meat/General Tso Chicken
A: 1# chicken, boneless, cubed 1"
1T soy sauce
1 egg, beaten
B: 1/2C cornstarch
C: 3C broccoli
2 carrots, sliced to 5mm thickness
1 onion, cubed 1"
D: 1/4C chicken stock (not too salty)
1/4C soy sauce
4T rice vinegar
E: 2T cornstarch
1. Combine (A) and mix well to coat chicken.
2. Shake chicken, a few pieces at a time, in a bag containing (B). Place on a
baking sheet and let stand at least 10 minutes.
3. Combine (C) in saucepan with salted boiling water. Cook until tender. Set
aside in cold water if the chicken is not ready.
4. Coat (A) in (B) a second time. Deep fry a few pieces at a time in very hot
oil as follows: cook 10-15 seconds, remove from oil and cool 15 seconds.
Repeat. On the third time, allow to cook until golden brown (about 60
seconds). Set aside to dry on a paper towel.
5. Add a few tablespoons of oil from the deep fry to a wok, and heat a few red
peppers in the oil until darkened.
6. Add (D), reduce heat to low, simmer 30 seconds, add (E). Mix over low heat
7. Add (A) to wok, coating chicken in sauce. Remove and place in center of
8. Reheat (C) in hot water if needed, and garnish outside of plate with it.
Garnish meat with sesame seeds (optional).
$Id: General_Tso_Chicken,v 1.4 2018/05/27 14:21:49 deaven Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)