A: 2 pie pumpkins (each about 18cm in diameter), or equivalent squash variety
B: 2C milk
C: 1/2C sugar
D: 2 eggs
E: pie crust (single bottom crust)
1. Cut (A) into halves and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet, cut side down
(do not remove seeds). Roast in a 275F oven for 2-3 hours until very tender.
Cool, scoop out the seeds, set aside for roasting if desired. Scoop out the
flesh into a blender.
2. In medium saucepan, heat (B) to boil, then simmer to evaporate to about
3. Add milk and (C) to blender, puree until very smooth, and place into a
4. Add (D) and whisk until combined.
5. Place into (E) and bake at 425F for 15 minutes, reduce temperature to 325F,
and bake for another 25 minutes or until golden.
$Id: pumpkin_pie,v 1.5 2018/01/09 02:39:43 deaven Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)