Desserts/Pine Nut And Cherry Biscotti
..Jen's used this recipe & had good success with the hazelnut option..
A: 3 eggs
1/2t vanilla extract
B: 1t baking soda
1/2t baking powder
2C flour, plus up to 1/2C more
C: 1C nuts, pine nuts, hazelnuts or almond
1/2C cherries, pitted, dried, and chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Line cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper. Spray with cooking oil.
3. In a large bowl, beat (A) until frothy.
4. Combine (B) in another bowl. Stir flour mixture into eggs until dough
forms, add more flour if necessary (may need even 1/2 cup more flour).
5. Stir in (C). Knead gently on floured surface about 2 minutes.
6. Divide dough in half. Form into 2 (1 1/2" wide, wider for longer biscotti)
logs on the cookie sheet. With wet hands, flatten logs slightly.
7. Bake 45 minutes.
8. Cut logs into 1/2-inch thick slices. Place on cookie sheet, cut side down.
9. Bake 40 minutes, checking periodically to make sure they don't burn. Cool
$Id: pine_nut_and_cherry_biscotti,v 1.5 2018/12/02 18:48:55 deaven Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)