Desserts/Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
..Based on Miller Bakery's recipe from MJS, March 2006..
..Makes about 5 dozen small-medium cookies..
A: 2C vegetable shortening
2 1/2C brown sugar, packed
B: 3C flour (or 1 1/2 pastry + 1 1/2 cake flour)
1t baking soda
1 1/4t baking powder
1 1/4t salt
C: 2 1/2C rolled oats
1 1/2C coconut, sweetened & flaked
1 1/2C raisins
1C walnuts, chopped
D: 3 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Cream (A) until fluffy.
2. Add (B); mix to combine.
3. Add (C); blend slightly.
4. Add (D) & mix to combine.
5. Scoop a mounded 1T measure onto baking sheets (parchment-lined, if you
like), setting cookies about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake in preheated oven 10-12 minutes or until golden around the edges.
7. Let cool on cookie sheets until firm enough to handle, then transfer to wire
racks to cool completely.
$Id: oatmeal_raisin_cookies,v 1.3 2018/11/26 04:47:57 deaven Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)