Desserts/Milas Sugar Cutout Cookies
..From Mila's European Bakery, Thiensville, WI
..Printed in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Dec. 4, 2002
..Makes about 2 1/2 dozen 4-inch cookies
A: 1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups butter at room temperature
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
B: 4 eggs, beaten
C: 6 cups flour (about)
0. Preheat oven to 375F.
1. Mix (A) and beat until smooth and creamy.
2. Add eggs (B), scraping down sides to ensure that batter is completely mixed.
3. Add flour until dough does not cling to sides of bowl and is not sticky.
4. Remove dough from bowl and set on well-floured surface. With a rolling pin,
roll out to 1/2" thickness.
5. Cut out cookie shapes using your favorite holiday cookie cutters.
6. Set on lightly greased or parchment-lined cookie sheets and bake in
preheated oven 6 to 8 minutes until very light brown in color.
7. Decorate with your favorite frosting and holiday candles or sprinkles.
$Id: milas_sugar_cutout_cookies,v 1.2 2004/03/06 20:14:09 deaven Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)