Bread/Wholewheat Currant Scones
A: 1C flour
1C whole wheat flour
1T baking powder
B: 1/3C butter
C: 2 eggs, lightly beaten (set aside 2T)
1/2C currants (or raisins)
D: 2T sugar
0. Preheat oven to 425F.
1. Combine (A) in a mixing bowl.
2. With a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Reserve 2T beaten eggs. Stir remaining egg, milk and currants (C) into
flour mixture just until particles cling together.
4. Turn out only lightly floured board and knead 6-10 times.
5. On greased Superstone tile (or cookie sheet), pat into a circle about 3/4"
thick. Cut into 8 wedges; keep wedges slightly apart so that they have
room to rise.
6. Brush reserved egg over tops of the wedges and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar
7. Bake for (14)-18-20 minutes at 425F until browned. Time varies if you have
8. Serve piping hot with butter and jam.
$Id: wholewheat_currant_scones,v 1.4 2018/11/26 04:47:55 deaven Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)