A: 1T soy sauce
1T white wine
1 egg, beaten
B: 1 pound firm tofu, cut into 1" pieces
C: 1/4C peach/apricot/pineapple preserves
4T corn syrup
3t corn starch
2t hot mustard
4T fruit juice (pineapple/orange)
1T garlic hot pepper sauce
D: 1/4C corn starch
E: 3-4 stalks broccoli
1 onion, diced into 1/2" pieces
1. Beat (A) together. Place (B) into (A) and stir to coat. Allow to stand at
least 10 minutes.
2. Heat (C) in small saucepan over medium heat until thickened.
3. Remove tofu (B) from the sauce, coat in (D) by shaking in plastic bag. Set
on wire rack and allow to stand at least 10 minutes.
4. Add oil to wok over high heat. Cook tofu pieces (optionally hot sichuan
peppers can be added at this stage).
5. Blanch (E) in boiling water 2-3 minutes and remove from heat.
6. Reduce heat to low, add sauce (C) and stir to coat.
7. Serve vegetables along side tofu pieces over sticky white rice.
$Id: volcano_tofu,v 1.1 2002/08/14 02:46:54 deaven Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)