A: 4C fancy Japanese rice
5T rice vinegar
B: 1 red pepper
3 green onions
1 ripe avocado
2 stalks celery
C: 1/2C water
2T rice vinegar
D: 5-6 sheets Nori (dried seaweed)
E: Sweet pickled ginger (Japanese pink variety)
Wasabi (Japanese green horse radish)
1. Combine (A) in saucepan or rice cooker and bring to boil. Simmer 20 minutes
or so until rice is completely cooked. Set aside to cool (overnight or
outside in winter).
2. Slice (B) into long thin strips no more than 5mm in cross section.
3. Combine (C) in small bowl.
4. Lay out a sheet of (D) on a bamboo mat. Spread enough of (A) over the lower
5/6 of the sheet's area, in a layer about 2-3 grains thick.
5. Lay out vegetables on rice, wet fingers in (C) and wet the upper 1/6 of the
exposed nori sheet. Roll into a long roll, and use the bamboo mat to clench
it tightly for 5-10 seconds. Repeat for remaining rolls.
6. Slice the rolls into disks about 2cm thick and arrange on platter. Serve
$Id: sushi,v 1.3 2006/07/24 02:32:15 deaven Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)