Vegetarian/Spinach Feta Enchiladas
A: 1T butter
B: 1T butter
2 onions, sliced thin
2c garlic, minced
C: 15oz frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 1/2C feta cheese, 1/4" cubes
D: 2T butter
1t red chile paste
E: 1/2C vegetable broth
F: 1C vegetable broth
G: 2T canola oil
12 corn tortillas
16oz green chile enchilada sauce, in a large bowl
H: 4oz cheddar cheese, shredded
5 jalepeno peppers, sliced
I: 4oz green chile enchilada sauce
1. Saute (A) in iron skillet for about 2 minutes until the raisins are soft and
puffy. Remove to a large bowl.
2. Place (B) in skillet, saute until caramelized (~5 minutes) and add to bowl.
3. Add (C) to bowl.
4. Saute (D) in skillet until bubbly. Add (E) and deglaze, then add to bowl.
5. Combine 3/4C of spinach/onion mixture from bowl with (F) and puree until
smooth. Return to bowl and toss well.
6. Heat (H) in fry pan by adding some oil then heating both sides of the
tortilla, then removing the tortilla with tongs to the bowl of enchilada
sauce. Dunk each tortilla into the sauce to coat, spoon one large spoonful
of filling, roll into cylinders, and arrange in mediuum baking dish.
7. Top with (H) and bake 350F for 25 minutes. Drizzle (I) over top and serve.
$Id: spinach_feta_enchiladas,v 1.4 2018/05/20 17:14:46 deaven Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)