A: 6# chicken, cut into pieces
3 onions, minced
1C celery, chopped
1 1/4t nutmeg
B: 10 ears fresh corn
C: 1 egg, beaten
milk to soften
D: 2 eggs, hard-boiled and chopped
1. Combine (A) in a large pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce
heat and simmer 2 hours, adding water as needed, until chicken is very
2. Remove the chicken from the soup. Refrigerate chicken and soup until fat
congeals. Remove fat from soup.
3. Prepare (B) by cutting corn from cob, add to soup in large pot, bring to a
boil. Reduce heat and simmer until corn is tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Chop chicken meat and add to soup.
5. Combine (C) and form rivels by rubbing dough between hands over pot. Cook 5
minutes or until rivels float to surface.
6. Add (D) and serve.
$Id: chicken_corn,v 1.1 2006/09/09 16:16:30 deaven Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)