Soup/Guiness Beef Stew
A: 4T butter
1/2 red onion, chopped
4c garlic, minced
12oz mushrooms, sliced
B: 3# beef brisket, cut into bite-sized pieces
2t rosemary, crushed
Salt & pepper
C: 2 cans guiness stout
D: 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
3 ribs celery, chopped
1 1/2 red onion, chopped
1C cheddar cheese, grated (or trotter gear)
E: 1 1/2C flour
2t baking powder
F: 1 egg yolk, beaten
1. Add (A) to heavy pot and cook until mushrooms darken.
2. Season (B) and add to pan, searing to brown.
3. Transfer to slow cooker and cover with (C). Cook on low for 8 hours (or,
cover pot and roast on low).
4. Add (D), cook for 30 minutes over low heat and serve, or use filling for
5. Cut (E) together and add ice water to form dough, wrap in plastic and
refrigerate 60 minutes. Roll to form cover dough and brush with (F), bake
for 45 minutes at 375F.
$Id: Guiness_beef_stew,v 1.3 2017/08/24 04:07:20 deaven Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)