Sides/Moros Y Cristianos
A: 2C black beans (dry)
1 bay leaf
1/3 green pepper
B: 2 onions, quartered
2/3 green pepper
3c garlic, peeled
C: 4 slices bacon
D: 2t salt
1/2t black pepper
1/2t cumin, ground
E: 2C white rice (dry)
F: 2T olive oil
1. Boil (A), then simmer 45-60 minutes, drain 4C of liquid (add water if
2. Mince (B) in food processor.
3. Fry (C) in skillet, remove bacon and reserve fat.
4. Make sofrito by sauteing (B) in reserved bacon fat.
5. Add (D) to sofrito, cook about 1 minute.
6. Combine sofrito, (E), and 4C bean liquid in pot, simmer until rice is cooked
firm, about 20 minutes.
7. Stir in (A), simmer another 10 minutes until rice is done.
8. Fluff with (F) and serve garnished with bacon.
$Id: Moros_y_Cristianos,v 1.2 2005/01/03 19:09:19 deaven Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)