A: 1C pumpkin seeds, shelled
B: 1 1/2C chicken broth
1/2 onion, sliced
4c garlic, chopped
12 sprigs cilantro, chopped
3 lettuce leaves (prefer romaine), chopped
2 radish leaves, chopped
Green chilies (serranos or jalapenos), chopped
C: 1T oil
D: 2C chicken broth
1. Place (A) in iron skillet over medium heat. Toast, stirring regularly,
until all have popped and become golden. Cool and reserve 2T for garnish.
2. Combine (A) and (B) and blend to a smooth puree.
3. Heat (C) in saucepan, add the puree and stir constantly until thick, ~10min.
4. Stir in (D), cover and simmer 20min.
5. Blend to a smooth puree. Add water as needed, return to saucepan, salt to
6. Simmer 10 more minutes.
$Id: pumpkinseed_mole,v 1.1 2006/10/19 01:25:18 deaven Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)