A: 2T butter
1 small onion, minced
4c garlic, minced
B: 28oz tomatoes, canned or peeled
C: 1C water, warm
D: 1t yeast
E: 4C mozzarella cheese, grated
1. Saute (A) in large saucepan until translucent.
2. Puree (B) in blender. Add to (A) and simmer, reducing to a thick paste
(about 60 minutes).
3. Add (C) to mixer with dough hook and mix to a ball. Pitch (D) into the ball
and mix to combine. Let rest for 30 minutes.
4. Mix dough and work, adding flour as needed to make dough ball that will
stick together and come off the sides. Lert rest 20 minutes.
5. Divide dough into 4 equal portions. In each portion, roll out thin in a
circle. Add 1/4 of sauce and 1/4 of (E) to center of circle and fold over,
pinching the sides.
6. Brush top liberally with olive oil, then dust with salt and oregano. place
into 450F oven and reduce heat to 350F. Bake 20 minutes or until golden
$Id: stromboli,v 1.1 2006/12/11 03:08:42 deaven Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)