Meat/Lemon Grass Beef Noodle Salad
A: 2T sugar
2T brown sugar
3T rice vinegar
4T lime juice
1T fish sauce
1T nutritional yeast
2c garlic, minced
1" ginger root, minced
2-3 red and green chiles, thinly sliced
B: 1# beek skirt steak
C: 3T lemon grass, minced
1T brown sugar
3c garlic, minced
1t fish sauce
D: 12oz rice noodles
E: 1 head lettuce, preferably boston
F: 4 green onions, slivered
1 carrot, finely julienned
1 cucumber, peeled, cored and cut into half-crescents
2 radish, thinly sliced
4T roasted penuts, crushed
Basil and cilantro leaves
1. Combine (A) and reserve (can be prepared 1-2 days ahead).
2. Cut (B) into small, 1/4" wide strips across meat grain.
3. Combine (B) and (C), pressing seasoning into meat, and allow to stand for at
least 15 minutes.
2. Place (D) into a pot, cover with water, bring to boil and remove from heat.
Drain and rinse in cold water after 6 minutes.
4. Stir-fry meat in wok wih oil at high temperature, just until lightly
browned, a few minutes.
5. Assemble plates starting with (E), topping with (D), adding (F) and finally
the beef. Ladle some of (A) over each plate and serve (A) as dipping sauce.
$Id: lemon_grass_beef_noodle_salad,v 1.1 2017/04/29 14:30:40 deaven Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)