A: 2# chicken (bone-in thighs or breasts)
1 onion, small, roughly chopped
4d garlic, sliced
B: 2 1/2C salsa verde
C: 12 corn tortillas
D: 1/4C sour cream
4oz jack cheese, grated
E: 2oz feta cheese, crumbled
4oz monterey jack cheese, grated
F: 1C cilantro, torn
1. Place (A) in pot, and cover with water. Heat to bil and simmer 25 minutes.
Remove chicken to cool, and shred meat, reserving broth for soup or salsa.
2. Put a few spoonfuls of (B) in bottom of baking dish.
3. Heat small amount of oil in a skillet, and quick-fry (C) one at a time,
flipping after 5 seconds per side.
4. Place a spoonful of (B), some chicken, and mixture of (D) in each tortilla,
roll, and place in baking dish.
5. Top with remainder of salsa, and (E). Bake 375F for 15 minutes.
5. Garnish with (F) and serve with pickled onion, escabeche, or radish.
6. For variation, add more sour cream (suizas) or use tomato-chile sauce
$Id: enchiladas_verde,v 1.4 2017/12/03 16:04:57 deaven Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)