* 12 whole fresh mushrooms
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1 tablespoon minced garlic
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with
cooking spray. Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Carefully break off
stems. Chop stems extremely fine, discarding tough end of stems.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped
mushroom stems to the skillet. Fry until any moisture has disappeared,
taking care not to burn garlic. Set aside to cool.
3. When garlic and mushroom mixture is no longer hot, stir in cream cheese,
Parmesan cheese, black pepper, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Mixture
should be very thick. Using a little spoon, fill each mushroom cap with a
generous amount of stuffing. Arrange the mushroom caps on prepared cookie
4. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the mushrooms are
piping hot and liquid starts to form under caps.
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)