Desserts/Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake
A: 100ml water
70g white sugar
70g brown sugar
B: 150g butter, cubed
1t vanilla extract
C: 340g dark chocolate, chopped
D: 4 eggs, beaten
E: 2t powdered gelatin
F: 240ml heavy cream
G: 170g dark chocolate, chopped
H: 170g white chocolate, chopped
I: 480ml heavy cream
1. Make the base. Bring (A) to boil in saucepan. Add (B), then pour over (C).
Let stand 5 minutes and stir to combine. Add (D) and mix well. Pour into
springform pan lined with parchment paper, place in roasting pan, fill with
water halfway up sides, and bake in 300F oven for 30 minutes. Cool in fridge
2. Combine (E) and let stand 5 minutes. Place (F) in saucepan and bring to
simmer, then add (E).
3. Place (G) and (H) into two bowls, and pour hot cream/gelatin mixture over
each in equal amounts. Stir each bowl to combine.
4. Whip (I) into soft peaks, fold 1/3 equally into the two bowls, then fold in
5. Pour dark chocolate mousse over base layer, chill for 30 miniutes, then pour
white chocolate onto top and chill 30 minutes more. Serve with chocolate
grated over the top.
$Id: triple_chocolate_mousse_cake,v 1.2 2018/03/04 05:44:13 deaven Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)