Desserts/Pine Nut And Cherry Biscotti
..Jen's used this recipe & had good success with the hazelnut option..
A. 3 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
B. 1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
2 - 2 1/2 cups unbleached flour
1 cup whole pine nuts or almonds
1/2 cup pitted, dried cherries, chopped (optional)
(or use 1 c. whole/parts hazelnuts & no cherries)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Line cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper. Spray with cooking oil.
3. In a large bowl, beat (A) until frothy.
4. Combine (B) soda, baking powder, sugar and 2 cups flour in another bowl.
Stir flour mixture into eggs until dough forms, add more flour if necessary
(may need even 1/2 cup more flour).
5. Stir in nuts and cherries. Knead gently on floured surface about 2 minutes.
6. Divide dough in half. Form into 2 (1 1/2" wide, wider for longer biscotti)
logs on the cookie sheet. With wet hands, flatten logs slightly.
7. Bake 45 minutes.
8. Cut logs into 1/2-inch thick slices. Place on cookie sheet, cut side down.
9. Bake 40 minutes, checking periodically to make sure they don't burn. Cool
Makes 36 cookies or less, depending on logs/slices...
$Id: pine_nut_and_cherry_biscotti,v 1.3 2006/07/25 22:19:49 jen Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)