A: 2C cream
B: 4 egg yolks
C: 1T sugar
4T brown sugar
1. Combine (A) in a heavy medium saucepan, moderate heat until the surface
begins to shimmer, about 5 minutes.
2. Combine (B) in a bowl and whisk until just starting to lighten. Pour in the
hot (A) while stirring gently to avoid forming air bubbles.
3. Strain the custard into a large measuring glass and skim off the surface air
4. Pour custard into 6 shallow plates placed into a baking pan with water.
5. Bake 325F for 45 minutes, or until the custard is firm around the edges but
trembling in the center.
6. Chill for 3 hours, sieve (C) over top, and flame with torch.
7. Serve garnished with fresh fruit.
$Id: creme_brulee,v 1.2 2009/01/03 16:30:27 deaven Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)