Desserts/Almond Lemon Biscotti
..Recipe from Jen's dad, untested..
A. 3/4 to 1 c. granulated sugar
4 c. all-purpose flour
Grated nutmeg to taste
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
B. 4 lg eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
C. 1 1/2 c. almonds, toasted and chopped
Grated zest of 3 lemons (thin colored part of peel)
D. 1/2 c. flour
0. Preheat oven to 375F.
1. Combine (A) in food processor fitted with metal blade, or in electric mixer.
Process, adding (B) until mixture forms a dough. Add ater if mixture is too
dry and crumbly.
2. Add (C). Process, pulsing off and on, so texture is not destroyed.
3. Dust work area with (D) and lightly flour your hands. Divid the dough into
thirds or fourths and form log shapes. Place logs on an oiled cookie sheet
and bake until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean, 35-45
4. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Cut into 1/2" slices. Return
slices to cookie sheet, reduce temperature to 300F and bake until crisp,
15-25 minutes longer. Turn oven off and leave cookies in the oven, with
door ajar, another 15 minutes.
5. Ends may be dipped in melted milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate after
6. Note: These can be prepared 2 weeks in advanced and stored in an airtight
container or plastic bags, or they may be frozen for as long as 6 months.
Thaw in the refrigerator 2 days, or at room temperature for a few hours.
$Id: almond_lemon_biscotti,v 1.1 2006/07/25 22:26:37 jen Exp $
Ingredient list only (can be imported to MyFitnessPal)